Deciding to move to another country is a BIG step. I’m proud of you for doing what’s best for you rather than what’s best for everyone else; that takes guts. I would say another body part, but you know rules and all.
Anyways, it’s awesome that you want to learn how to manifest moving to another country, but are you making a smart decision?
Are you taking the right steps?
The answer is yes, to both of those questions. I go in-depth under the FAQs after number 5, if you want to skip ahead. You are exactly where you need to be, doing what you need to do.
How to Manifest Moving to Another Country
1. Visualize yourself moving to another country
The first step in learning how to manifest moving to another country is imagining what life would be like when you’re already living there.
Of course, you’re not going to be as accurate as you want to be, since you don’t live there yet, but visualize your life while over there.
- What would the weather be like, for the most part?
- How are the people there?
- What is the culture?
- Will you have a better work/life balance?
- What would you eat?
- What would you wear?
- What do you love the most about your new home?
- What is something you can do there that you can’t do where you’re from?
Get specific about what life will be like when you move to your new country. And when you’re visualizing it and answering those questions, answer in the present moment.
Don’t make your goals be some distant thing you will accomplish “someday”. No, allow room for your dreams to exist in the present moment. That is the only way for you to figure out number 2.
2. Come up with a plan for your manifestation
Again, be specific. Don’t just say, “I’m going to move to this country on this date.”
- How are you going to move?
- Who could potentially help you move to another country?
- How much are you taking with you (your stuff) and how much are you leaving in your home country?
- Where are you going to live when you move? An apartment, a condo, a house?
- How are you going to make money in this new country?
- Are you going to move by yourself or with someone?
- Are you going to take most of your things with you or put most of it in storage?
- What is the latest you will move to this country?
- If you have a car, what are you going to do with it?
For you to say, “I’m just going to move.” is not good enough. You need to get a game plan together, and even if your plan doesn’t go as planned, that’s okay because at least you have somewhere to start.
Learning how to manifest moving to another country is going to take more than just imagination. You need to make sure your I’s are dotted and your T’s are crossed before you walk into this big change in your life.
You also need to plan because you want to make sure that the country you’re going to is somewhere you want to live, not vacation.
I went to Mexico for the first time in 2021, and boy let me tell you.
Mexico was gorgeous and the people were nice, but the water was VERY hard. I actually knew this before I went to Mexico, but it wasn’t until I got there when it settled in what that meant.
I could either spend a day of my trip going all around the city to find water filters to put on the shower head and faucets (you can’t use a filtered water bottle because it can’t filter out the sediments in the water, tried that) or I could bathe with water bottles.
To make a long story short, do your research for your new home BEFORE you make your final decision because I can promise you there will be at least one thing in that country that you may not be used to (especially if you’re moving from the United States), and you’re going to have to decide if you can handle that for the next few years.
3. Take action
You’ve got your plan together, now we need to put some action behind it.
- Start saving up little by little, or in big chunks
- Figure out what you’re taking and what you’re leaving
- Decide what you will do with your big purchases such as your house or car
- Ask around to see who will help you move
- Travel to the country to see the lifestyle firsthand.
You need to be putting action behind your goals because intention is not enough. Simply thinking about it is not going to bring it into your life. It could, but it’s not guaranteed.
Think about it like this, there are two people who are learning how to manifest moving to another country: Person A and Person B.
- Person A has done all the right steps. They’ve visualized their life, they planned their move, and they got their funds together. They know where they want to go, why they want to move there, and what they intend to get out of their move. The only thing now is time.
- Person B got the idea to move to another country, kind of knows where they want to go, and roughly knows when they want to move. They imagine every day, at least once a day, moving to another country, and what it would feel like when they get there. But, that’s about it.
Which person do you think is more than likely going to move to another country? Person A.
Take the proper time to put your dreams into action, and I promise you will see results.
4. Believe in your manifestation
None of what I just said above will matter if you don’t believe it will happen.
You must believe you will accomplish learning how to manifest moving to another country. You must believe, even when everyone else is doubting you.
If you don’t believe you can do it, then why should the universe give it to you?
It’s going to be difficult to do sometimes, especially when you have things going on in your life that make it seem impossible, but that’s your test.
- How bad do you want it?
- Are you going to hold onto your dreams, despite the obstacles?
- Are you going to give up when you come across your first roadblock?
Use this time, the time before you move, to learn how to believe in yourself and your abilities.
You are capable of making your wildest dreams come true, but it won’t matter if you don’t believe that. It won’t matter if you constantly doubt yourself.
Open your eyes to your talents, abilities, and strengths, and you will be amazed at what you will accomplish. Not can accomplish, will accomplish because I know you can do anything you put your mind to.
5. Align your mindset with your manifestation
Put yourself in the headspace that you’re going to move.
You have to align yourself with the version of you that has done it. I don’t know what you believe in, but I want to share this with you.
The Universe is a BIG place. I know you’re probably thinking, duh I know that but really let that sit in for a second. The universe is so big that there are probably different versions of us somewhere else doing either the exact opposite of what we’re doing right now or living in another time in our life.
For example, if you’re 40 right now, there is a version of you that exists that’s already 80. Regardless of if you believe that or not, the universe is HUGE, so huge that no one can actually prove me wrong. So, let’s assume I’m right in this scenario.
If I’m right, then that means there is a version of you that is living the life you want to live, right now. There is a version of you that has almost every single thing you desire in this present moment, and again, if I’m right then that means that your opportunities are endless.
If the universe is endless, then your opportunities are endless.
- That’s why you shouldn’t give up on ANY of your dreams
- That’s why you need to believe in yourself
- That’s why you shouldn’t let small-minded people talk you down or out of something
The universe is so large that you can 100% be whoever you want to be. Use the time and resources you have today to take advantage of this.
God designed you to be great, so go be great. Keep believing in yourself and keep chasing your wildest dreams, they deserve your effort. Align yourself with the version of you that has learned how to manifest moving to another country, and watch the magic happen right before your eyes.
Is It Smart to Move to Another Country?
Yes! It is smart to move to another country for three reasons.
- It forces you to get out of your comfort zone, and getting out of your comfort zone is the only way you’ll really get to know yourself and what you’re capable of achieving. When you’re alone in a whole different country (even if you traveled with one or two people it’s still this sense of being alone), you don’t have a choice but to spend some time with yourself. You don’t have a choice but to figure out what you do like and what you don’t like. Plus, it forces you to be responsible. You HAVE to be self-sufficient because who else do you have to rely on?
- It exposes you to a different way of life. You get a front-row seat to some of the things you may have heard about back home, and you get a first-hand experience of being in a whole new world. It’s amazing.
- It’s a chance to start fresh. You probably know 3 people, if that, in an entirely new place. No one there knows what you did in college or that you’re divorced or that you eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry’s in one sitting. Nobody knows and nobody has to know unless you want them to. It is truly starting from a clean slate, an opportunity to, again, get to know yourself in a way you couldn’t do in your home country.
Of course, there is a not-so-smart way of picking up your whole life and moving to another country and that would be by skipping numbers 2 & 3. Don’t be Person B.
How Do I Get Over My Fear of Moving to Another Country?
Well, this one is a little tricky. The first step in getting over your fear of moving would be to ask yourself a bunch of Why’s?
Why are you afraid of moving to another country?
Is it because you won’t know anyone? Is it because you’re afraid of failing?
Why are you afraid to be in a place where you don’t know anyone?
Is it because you find a sense of security in knowing at least one person in your city? If yes, then how can you get to know someone in your new country, or is someone willing to move with you?
If you’re afraid of failing, why are you afraid of failing? Are you afraid you’ll look dumb?
Are you afraid you won’t be able to get back up again? If so, what is stopping you from getting back up?
Get to the root of your fear, and once you’ve gotten to the root say these two words: F*** it.
It gets to a point where you just have to say f- it and give it your all no matter what happens because if you keep sitting around asking yourself questions, you’re going to talk yourself out of it.
How Do I Mentally Prepare Myself to Move to Another Country?
Do. Your. Research. I can’t stress this enough. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
The last thing you want to do is commit to living somewhere that just isn’t for you.
How are you supposed to know somewhere isn’t for you? Do your research and be realistic.
If you’re someone who likes to wear whatever they want to wear, then I wouldn’t suggest moving to a Muslim country. If you’re someone who doesn’t like rainy weather, then I wouldn’t suggest moving to London.
Research. Research. Research. And when you’re researching, reach out to people who live there.
- Go on Instagram and type the country you plan to move to. See who has posted in that place and DM them.
- Go on Facebook and type in the place you want to move to. See who has already started a Facebook group or even a thread and reach out to people.
- Try to get familiar with the place by talking to other people who live there, not people who have vacationed there.
Living and vacationing are two totally different things. You need to go to the country before you decide that you want to live there. I honestly recommend going a few times to get a real feel for what you’re getting into.
Ultimately, though, you have to accept the fact that no amount of preparation will prepare you for your move, that is until you do it.
It’s like a new mechanic asking an experienced mechanic how do I mentally prepare myself to have your level of expertise. They can prepare and research all they want, but no amount of preparation or research will match what it’s like to actually go through it.
You need to go through it, and I know you can! I know you will be successful.